Functional Integration (FI) lessons are private sessions where the teacher guides the client in movement lessons using gentle, non-invasive touch as the primary means of communication.
In a Functional Integration lesson, the Feldenkrais teacher’s touch reflects the client how they currently organize their body and actions. The teacher suggests, through gentle touch and movement, expanded possibilities for new movement patterns which are more comfortable, efficient, and useful.
Functional Integration lessons are flexible in their approach, determined by the client’s needs. The client may lie comfortably on a table designed specifically for the work, or do some of the lesson sitting or standing. As needed, the teacher may also use various props to support the student’s comfort, make certain movements easier, or clarify a movement.
FUNCTIONAL INTEGRATION CAN BE BENEFICIAL FOR:
- Recurring and chronic joint and muscular problems
- Improve Daily Movements such as walking, sitting, reaching, and turning
- Recovery from surgery and injuries
- Neurological problems
- Improved performance and wellbeing in the workplace
- Athletes recovering from injury and wishing to improve their performance
- A benefit to other movement teachers to complement their practice Yoga, Pilates, Martial Artists
- Improve sleep and breathing
1 to 1 – £60 per session
Concessions available on request